When Should You Start Using Collagen Supplements?
You’ve probably seen collagen advertised in food, skin cream, pills, or powders. The word is spreading about the importance of this nutrient a healthy, vibrant body. But collagen isn’t anything new. You’ve been making it your whole life. Collagen is a type of protein found in your muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, organs, blood vessels, skin, intestinal lining, and other connective tissues.
If it is so naturally available in our bodies, why are brands and experts urging people to use and invest in supplements? Well, as you age your body starts producing lesser collagen. You can keep track of it by observing a few symptoms.
- 1 -2 sachets daily helps in skin hydration smoother, healthier skin.
- Promotes hair growth
- Improves circulation, gut health &immunity
- Joint , bone and cartilage health
- Helps tone the muscles faster
- Joint Pain – Joint pain is a common symptom for collagen deficiency. Cartilage is essential for healthy joints, and collagen is an important part of its structure. Cartilage wears down without enough collagen, reducing the amount of cushion and flexibility in the joints. This causes pain and may even lead to inflammation and osteoarthritis.
- Joint Stiffness – Joint stiffness is a collagen deficiency symptom that someone may experience with or without joint pain. Collagen provides elasticity. When there is less of it or the quality is poor, the cartilage may deteriorate and become stiffer. This may increase the risk of injury as well. As collagen decreases, so does muscle mass.
- Decreased Skin Integrity – Collagen makes your skin look full and supple. If your body produces less collagen due to aging or another condition, your skin loses its fullness and elasticity. Therefore, the areas around your eyes and cheekbones may appear hollower. Some notice thin skin as one of the first collagen deficiency symptoms. Since your skin is less elastic without adequate collagen, it will wrinkle more easily. Premature wrinkling to occur because of inadequate collagen in the diet. Due to decreased elasticity and impaired structure, wounds may heal more slowly as well.
- Gastrointestinal Issues – You may notice issues in the smooth muscle that lines the gastrointestinal tract before you notice symptoms of collagen deficiency elsewhere. A lack of collagen weakens this muscle and causes issues such as leaky gut syndrome and irritable bowel syndrome.
The easiest and most efficient way to increase collagen in the body is with a supplement like our Skilixir Marine Collagen. Collagen peptides are highly soluble, meaning your body will absorb and utilize them quickly. Look out for these symptoms in yourself and when you notice them, invest in collagen supplements and stick to a routine.